Join the Innovation Pipeline
The Innovation Pipeline supports regionally significant innovation projects to develop highly competitive business cases in preparation for future funding calls and aims to increase funding for North East business to support increased innovation activity and drive economic growth.
The North East LEP will seek to prioritise projects to ensure efforts to secure investment are maximised and accelerated. Priority projects will be supported to progress projects into delivery and access investment from government and the private sector.
Since September 2019, priority projects supported through the Innovation Pipeline to date have been awarded £65.2 million public funding.
New projects sought
New projects are currently being sought to join the Innovation Pipeline of projects.
We welcome expressions of interest to join the Innovation Pipeline from organisations across the North East. Projects may be capital or revenue, but should:
- Be of significant scale (capital projects in excess of £5m, revenue in excess of £250,000)
- Align with the priorities set out in the North East Strategic Economic Plan
- Support economic growth by delivering more and better jobs in the North East
- Increase R&D and innovation investment in the region
- Increase innovation activity in businesses
- Contribute to the development of the North East innovation ecosystem, and
- Clearly demonstrate the delivery of regional benefit beyond the interests of the partner organisation.
Innovation Pipeline projects will be engaged by the North East LEP throughout the development of the project, and we will provide critical test and challenge to strengthen the business case, and connections with other regional stakeholders and innovation assets as appropriate.
You can submit an expression of interest for your project using this form
Guidance for applicants
Guidance on how to complete the form is available in this document.
The call will close at 5pm on 2 July 2021.
If you would like more information on the call, please contact [email protected], Innovation Programme Officer.
Please note that the Innovation Pipeline is not a direct route to funding.