Save the date – Friday 6 September 2013
Centre for Life, Newcastle upon Tyne
Earlier this year we launched the North East Independent Economic Review, led by Lord Andrew Adonis, which set out how we can achieve more and better jobs and a better quality of life in the region. This conference discusses how we will respond to the review’s findings and recommendations. In particular it will focus on:
• The North East’s response to the Independent Economic Review
• The North East within the global economy
• Developing a Combined Authority for the North East
• The European Funding Strategy for 2014 – 2021
• The Strategic Economic Plan for the North East, including the Local Growth Fund
Key issues around the North East’s economic development, including innovation, skills and apprenticeships, access to finance, supply chain development, infrastructure and transport.
The conference will include key speeches and panel discussions. Lord Andrew Adonis and his review team will be in attendance, alongside senior local and national stakeholders.
Formal invitations will follow shortly, but if you’re interested in attending, please save the date now.